The due date for FY 2018-19 is 30th April 2019 for all the persons whose DIN status is ‘Approved’ as on 31st March 2019.
- The eForm should be certified by a practicing Chartered Accountant or Company Secretary or Cost and Management Accountant.
- Subsequently, submission of KYC details through Form DIR-3 KYC would be annual process to be completed by the director within 30th April of immediately next Financial Year.
- Name (as per PAN database)
- Father’s Name (as per PAN database)
- PAN of the Director (mandatory for citizens of India)
- Date of Birth (DoB)” (as per PAN database)
- Personal Mobile number and Personal Email Address
- Proof of Present Address such as Bank Statement or any Utility Bill in the name of the director with the correct address, not more than 2 months old.
- Aadhaar is mandatory, if it is assigned. If not, then Voter ID or Passport or Driving Licence shall be attached.
- Digital Signature of Director (Rs 800 will be requested if DSC is not available or DSC has expired)
Consequences of Non-filing
Deactivation of DIN: Non-filing of DIR-3 KYC within the prescribed timeline, would result in Deactivation of the DIN by the Ministry. The same will be re-activated only on payment of specified fee. The deactivated DIN’s can be reactivated after the Due Date on payment of a penalty of Rs 5000.
Other penal Action: Failure to file DIR-3 KYC form within the prescribed timelines might also lead to enforcement of penal action against Directors.
Please note that the Penal Action would be enforced irrespective of the fact that DIN is reactivated after payment of specified fee
Nikita Bhatia is the co-founder of VenturEasy, an online platform for Company registration, book-keeping, accounting, tax consultancy and legal compliances in India. A Chartered Accountant and company secretary by profession, she has wide experience in the fields of audit, accountancy, taxation and corporate governance.